Remember, you are doing business with Google. They reserve the right to stop doing business with you if you pollute or corrupt their service.
Google Webmaster and Quality Guidelines
- Provide unique, relevant content
- Build quality, one-way backlinks
Below you will find a general overview of the Google Webmaster Quality Guidelines in our own words. We can't possibly cover every single scenario but here are the general rules we follow. In general, you should always avoid trying to "trick" the search engines in an effort to artificially boost your placement. If you are being "tricky", you are likely not following the guidelines. Remember, you are doing business with Google. They reserve the right to stop doing business with you if you pollute their service.
- Your website must have unique, quality, relevant content that will help Google users find what they're looking for.
- Your website must not utilize hidden text or hidden links.
- Your website must not utilize any cloaking or sneaky redirects.
- Your website must not utilize keyword stuffing or keyword spam.
- Your website must not consist of doorway pages that hold little to no value for the reader.
- Do not repeat keywords for the sake of improved placement.
- Do not duplicate or "scrape" content from other websites.
OFF-PAGE (LINK BUILDING)
- Do not participate in link schemes designed to artifically increase your site's link popularity or PageRank.
- For example, do not ask an escort service to link to your halloween custome shop.
- Do not participate in building completely irrelevant back-links that offer no contextual relevancy.