Rank HIGH on Google Maps
MSN / Bing Maps.
What Are The Local Maps for Google and Yahoo?
Google Maps, Yahoo Maps and Bing Maps are taking over a great percentage of online search. Local internet marketing and local seo are critical for local businesses. The maps pop up when searchers are looking for geographical specific keywords (for example: cosmetic surgeon long island ny. For a website focused on driving LOCAL BUSINESS, the maps sections have become more critical than ever.
How Will This Help Me?
For example, if someone was to type in Driving School, Queens NY
, Google and Yahoo will both pull up and display local businesses at the very top of the natural search. These listings include all relevant contact information, reviews, directions, phone numbers, and more. This is a critical service to improve your local presence on and major search engine.
How do I rank at the TOP of the Google / Yahoo / Bing Maps?
- Make sure to thoroughly fill out ALL fields within the maps questionnaire for each respective search engine
- Make sure to provide a real business name WITHOUT USING KEYWORDS
- Make sure to provide a real phone number
- Make sure to provide a real address where you can receive mail, NOT A P.O. BOX
- Make sure to provide directions to your address
- Upload images/logos of your business
- Use ALL 5 CATEGORIES - do not just use one or two. Use everything they give you.
- Provide REAL office hours
- Use landmarks that are CLOSE to your office in proximity
- Build links from other websites and point them to your MAPS page (you need back-links). Link to it from YOUR website as well.
- Have your customers write REAL reviews on your maps page to make it more relevant
- Do not submit more than once for the same office
What else should I know about Google / Yahoo / Bing Maps?
Google has "tags" which are yellow markers that allow website /business owners to promote important aspects of their business. This is a paid service but is offered for FREE for 30 days. I'm willing to bet if you take advantage of their paid service, they will give your listing priority in the ranks.
Google also offers "coupons" which can be added.
You can submit to Google Directly:
Submit to Yahoo Directly: